Monday, February 11, 2008

Vietnamese Lunch


vietnameselunch2008, originally uploaded by veggiebytes.

I've been trying lots of recipes from Veganomicon and I haven't been disappointed.
The recipe for the vietnamese sandwich, banh mi, came out quite nicely.
I don't have the cookbook with me by my computer but it's called something like Vietnamese sandwich with dipping broth.
I didn't make the dipping broth as I actually took the time to make Pho (pronounced fuh). It's a very fresh tasting light soup with warming spices like star anise and cinnamon.
It's an authentic recipe coming from a fundraiser cookbook called Recipes with Borders, for Saheli, an Asian women's empowerment group here in Austin, TX.
Both the sandwich and soup have seitan that was made using Veganomicon's Seitan Cutlet recipe.
Anyway, it was a nice, filling but healthy lunch.

No comments: