Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Bridal Shower

I hosted a bridal shower for my sister a couple weekends ago.  I thought that I would share some of the decor, games, and of course, food.


Everything was very elegant, neat and classic.  Her wedding colors will be white, green and champagne. I tried to keep the same scheme for the bridal shower.  White place settings with little touches of green with beautiful flowers like hydrangeas and white roses created the perfect table.



Each guest had a favor with her name on it as her place card.  Inside is a super practical purse hanger.
She will never have to put her purse on the floor again!

The food!  Here are some of the items:
Vegetarian Lumpia


White Cheddar Scallion Biscuits (the green and white theme)


Farfalle with Pesto (Tie the Knot Bowties!)

Since most women love chocolate we had a chocolate fondue fountain dripping with vegan dark chocolate!  Somehow I only got a picture of the dippers -strawberries and pineapple.

Two of the cheezy bridal shower games we played were food related.

Banana Bride
I split the ladies into 3 teams.  Each team was given a banana.  The bride was sent to another room to hang out with the flower girl.  Then I told them they had to dress the banana like a bride with only the items found in their purses!

The bride picked the one with the sunglasses and $$$

A-Z Grocery List
Here's one to test their memory.  They had to remember a long grocery list created in alphabetical order when each guest added another item.  The bride goes to the store and gets an apple, banana, cookies, dog treats, eggs, etc. I still haven't figured out if it's easier or harder to remember an obscure item - k was kitchen shears.

My sister was so happy and scored some really awesome Crate and Barrel goodies for her home and kitchen.  I'm hoping to see her in the kitchen more often!

Anyway, if anyone would like help with food for a bridal shower for their veggie friends, please let me know.
www.chefveggie.com

1 comment:

Devadeva Mirel said...

Looks wonderful! You are the woman.