Friday, December 10, 2010

Cooking at Retreats

In early November,  I had the pleasure of cooking for a great group of moms at a knitting retreat in the Texas Hill Country.

All the ladies were able to sit, knit, explore the grounds, share friendly conversation and enjoy the beautiful and rustic atmosphere.  They didn't have to worry about little ones or making meals.

My friend posted some beautiful pictures about the event.  Check it out on waldorfmama's blog.
To learn more about Moriah and getting together with family and friends there, click here.

Here's what was on the menu:

Breakfast:  Handmade Cinnamon Rolls, Smoothies and Chickpea Omelettes



Lunch:  Butternut Squash Lasagna
(I even had Stuffed Butternut Squash for our gluten-free gals)
Fall Salad with Spiralized Beets, Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Vegan Cream of Broccoli & Parsnip Soup


Dinner:  Hyderbadi Biryani, Mung Dal with Cauliflower, South Indian Brussell Sprouts, and Sprouted Mung Bean Salad with Coconut


Breakfast:  Vegan Blueberry Muffins and Spinach Tofu Scramble

Some pictures are better than others.  Everyone was so ready to eat that I had barely time to compose the shots...and I was using my iPhone.

I had a wonderful time!  If you ever think of staying at Moriah with friends or family and want some great veggie meals, give me a call!  I'm already familiar with the kitchen!

2 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

are your omelettes all besan flour or or is there any tofu or whatever in them?

Cristina said...

besan, water, salt...sometimes nutritional yeast. A super seasoned cast iron skillet and a good coat of olive oil makes all the difference. Strong wrists are super helpful (I'm lacking in this dept, but can still do it)