Sunday, November 25, 2007

No Injera Ethiopian Food


I made a couple preps of Ethiopian food but no Injera bread. So how is this Ethiopian you say?
I know I know, it's the injera that makes it authentic.
I have made it before and it's much like a South Indian dosa, spongy, sour and fun to make in a cast iron skillet.
Anyway, here's what's on the plate.
Gomen (spiced collard greens) with organic cottage cheese
Mesir Wat (red lentil puree)
Ethiopian Wat (my veggie stew version made with sweet potato, green beans, red potatoes, cabbage and home made niter kibbeh (seasoned oil) and freshly ground berbere spices)
If you like veggie Indian food, you'll like Ethiopian. Both are savory, spicy, and come with nice flat breads to scoop up all the delish dishes...that is, if someone takes the time out to make the flat breads!

1 comment:

Sean Carolan said...

I give this dish a hearty thumbs-up, even without the Injera.