Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chef Veggie at the Dirt Club

I had a wonderful time last Wednesday evening, meeting with the Dirt Club, a Lake Travis neighborhood gardening club. The wonderful host, Donna, asked that I come and speak about my personal chef business, about vegetarianism in general, and also prepare a few dishes for people to try.
The menu for the evening was:
Moroccan Tagine (A flavorful stew with root veggies and warm spices)
2 Vegetable Lasagnas (1 traditional with ricotta and Parmesan and another vegan-style with tofu and nooch (nutritional yeast)
Couscous with mint & parsley
2 appetizers - Tandoori Tofu bites & Roasted tri-color root veggie cubes
Hijiki Seaweed salad (a raw dish for the brave!)

Everyone was happy with the food and more people actually enjoyed the seaweed salad than I would have thought.
During my little talk, I explained my business and how much fun it is for both me and my clients. I spoke about why I became vegetarian and how local and organic food is important to me. I was also able to tell people about Greenling, since I'm a new Greenling ambassador who can help you get 10% off your first basket.


I left around 10pm and still had a long drive home, but was given a beautiful parting gift: a lovely hand-painted pot (The Dirt Club does fun things!) with a succulent.
I can't remember the name, something about the star shaped flowers. The pods drop seeds, so more little succulents are growing below.

Anyway, it was a great learning experience for everyone, including me.

No comments: